My photo
you only live once , go do everything twice . . . ♥

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Insomnia.

Hello, hello. 
What a beautiful morning in Sarajevo today. After 5 forced hours of sleep, I am back on my feet again. Took a sleeping pill around 3ish AM. Can't quite remember, but that's not really my issue, (the sleeping pill, that is) the issue is the fact that I can't fall asleep... I think I have insomnia, but I am not saying I am SURE I do. But it may be a possibility. I simply can't fall asleep, i don't even feel tired after NOT sleeping all night. 

I try to fall asleep, and I close  my eyes, and I forget how to fall asleep, and it just won't happen, the magic of falling asleep AFTER SOME TIME when I close my eyes. I am new to all this insomnia stuff and I really don't know what to do, I am scared of having any strange hallucinations, I would FLIP if i saw something I knew couldn't possibly be there... *hint,hint*   so after 3ish nights of no sleep, decided it was time to see WHAT THE F IS CAUSING INSOMNIA, yeah I know, I'm so smart...

Psychological Causes

Anxiety, a condition in which individuals feel increased tension, apprehension, and feelings of helplessness, fear, worry, and uncertainty. This may be due to the effects that other people at work have on us, financial worries, concerns over relationships outside work or numerous other causes.
Stress, or how effectively a person copes with any emotional, physical, social, economic, or other factor that requires a response or change.
Depression, a mood disturbance characterized by feelings of sadness, despair, and discouragement.

Physical Causes

Hormonal changes in women. These include premenstrual syndrome, menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause.
Decreased melatonin. The levels of melatonin, the hormone that helps control sleep, decrease as a person ages. By age 60, the body produces very little melatonin.
Medical conditions. These include allergies, arthritis, asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, and Parkinson's disease.
Pain. Pain and discomfort from a medical illness or injury often interfere with sleep.
Genetics. Problems with insomnia do seem to run in some families, although researchers have yet to identify how genetics play a role.
Other sleep disorders. These include sleep apnea(in which one temporarily stops breathing during sleep) and periodic leg and arm movements during sleep (in which one's muscles excessively twitch or jerk).


source: http://www.ehealthmd.com/library/insomnia/ins_causes.html

But not everything bad happened this week, I recieved a pleasent text from this guy, a good friend of mine, and i was sooo happy, it was sooo cute .... and it was Ajla's Birthday, and we talked, ALOT about some important stuff, like Turkey... and R... and some other peeps, and school starts SOON ! yay ! (:
SEPTEMBER 1ST ! :D 
happy (:
        

I also started watching 90210, and I LOVE IT
so dramatic, and juicy. hehe ;D must watch more ! MOAR !!

well I'm off, my butt hurts from sitting on the floor.... xoxo.

p.s. L.a. is still 9 hours behind .

No comments:

Post a Comment